|Job Title:||Contracts Officer|
|Salary:||$39.24- 43.28 Per Hour + Super|
|Start Date:||27 April 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2020 06:16|
An experienced Contracts Officer is needed to develop, prepare and implement high quality processes and systems for Road Construction & Maintenance’s service delivery contracts providing value for money and compliance.
This role will also provide technical advice to key stakeholders to assist in
improving the delivery of Council’s services contracts and maintenance operations, whilst working within Council’s procurement policies and procedures, and legislative obligations
- 5 month Contract
- Full time hours
- Marsden location
- $39.24- 43.28 Per Hour + Super
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of tenders including the improvement of specifications, KPIs, document review and tender review as a panel member and identification of risks and risk mitigation measures.
- Undertake contract management tasks for the Road Construction & Maintenance management teams in the delivery of corporate
responsibilities, which include:
- Develop and maintain systems and processes relating to contract administration responsibilities, under the general guidance
of more senior employees;
- Establish priorities, outcomes and monitor outcomes to achieve branch goals;
- Monitor and report on contractor performance against scope of works, KPIs and program of works to management, including
recommendations on processes and results;
- Prepare, develop and implement inspection and auditing documentation;
• Undertake audits of contract requirements, including workplace health and safety, environment, quality and traffic
- Make recommendations for the authorisation of variations and monthly payments, issue site instructions and collect
appropriate information for quantifying potential variations;
- Reporting, briefing notes and correspondence;
- Undertaking research and provide analysis and detailed reporting relevant to contract work.
- Adhere to best-practice probity principles in procurement, contract management and the key probity issues of sensitivity,
confidentiality and security
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and practical experience in contract management across the full contract life cycle, preferably with an emphasis on road construction and maintenance.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to:
- engage, negotiate and present information clearly;
- build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- High level written communication skills to produce accurate reports and briefings.
- Experience utilising MS office software, computer systems that support construction and maintenance activities and projects, financial and records management systems, estimating packages and GIS, will be highly regarded.
- Possession of a current "C" class driver's licence.
- Possession of a current 30215 General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) ticket.
- Must possess, or be prepared to attain, Level 3 Traffic Management certification
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann on 038 535 3111 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's