|Job Title:||Contract Officer|
|Salary:||$39-43 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||7 September 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||August 27, 2020 04:45|
The purpose of the roles are to prepare, maintain, administer, evaluate and review requests for quotation, tenders and contracts guided by Council's procurement policies and procedures, and legislative obligations with an emphasis upon achieving value for money to the relevant services.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate Request For Quotation (RFQ), tender and contract preparation, documentation, assessment and awarding in regard to contracts.
- Develop staff by enhancing their skills, knowledge and commitment in providing an effective procurement service.
- Analyse and interpret complex contract data, identify potential risks, and recommend risk management strategies.
- Ensure compliance and ongoing maintenance of RFQ and contracts in accordance with current procurement policies, practices and procedures and legislative obligations in areas of the officer’s responsibility.
- Provide advice and guidance to other staff in relation to the execution of RFQs, contracts and their obligations in regards to legislative and procurement policy requirements.
- Formal qualifications and/or experience in a related discipline or experience in a similar role.
- Local Government experience
Demonstrated success in contracting and tendering processes, underpinned with an understanding of contemporary procurement principles and contract administration practices.
- Experience in infrastructure, specifically road construction and maintenance suited for one of the roles
- Demonstrated ability to develop tender documentation, supervise tender and quotation process including compilation, assessment and award whilst adhering to legislative and procurement policy directives.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain cooperative professional working relationships including negotiation with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including spreadsheet, GIS, Microsoft products, Finance 1 will be highly regarded.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann | firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's