Construction Enforcement Officer
|Job Title:||Construction Enforcement Officer|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2020 17:36|
• BAND 5 | $36 - 44 per hour + super
• Initial 5-month contract with potential of extensions
• Flexible hours offer work-life balance
• Immediate start available
I am working in partnership with a Local Council located in Melbourne’s Inner Suburbs. We are looking for experienced Enforcement Officer for an initial contract opportunity with the potential of extensions.
As part of the Construction Enforcement Unit, you will inspecting building sites to ensure compliance with the relevant permits and plans as per the acts and relevant legislation.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Proactive and Reactive building site inspections
• Internal and external stakeholder management
• Taking appropriate enforcement actions to ensure compliance with legislation
• Providing advice in relation to permits, planning schemes, council local laws
• Preparation and issues of infringement notices
• Tertiary qualification in Municipality Law Enforcement, Justice OR
• Proven experience & knowledge in Construction, Planning or Building Enforcement
• Strong communication skills with understanding of stakeholder management
• Sound knowledge of enforcement procedures in relation to relevant Acts, Local Laws for Building sites
Contact me for a confidential chat about this or other opportunities in Local Government.
Public Sector People
(03) 8535 3111
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's