Civil - Drainage Engineer
|Job Title:||Civil - Drainage Engineer|
|Reference:||PC - 7 - 04|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2019 06:31|
Local Government clients across the State of NSW. Locations can include Sydney CBD, Western and Inner West.
Joining the team means working in a progressive Council undergoing substantial growth, and the opportunity to work alongside a team of professionals responsible for achieving quality outcomes. You will be responsible for the provision of high-level engineering advice to internal and external stakeholders regarding the drainage of road and storm-water.
- Degree qualifications in Engineering or equivalent
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Provide professional and specialist technical advice and guidance on engineering matters to the organisation and external customers (public, developers, consultants etc.) to achieve positive outcomes.
- Provide professional and technical advice and guidance on various planning instruments, guidelines, Flood DCP, Water Management DCP, Strategies / Studies / Policies relating to floodplain, estuarine, storm water and water quality matters.
- Investigate the design of a diverse range of projects and multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Contribute to the development of work programs, budgets and other management information and monitor performance against them.
- Manage civil and water related projects.
- Provide input to the review and maintenance of operational and strategic documents such as the Civil Design Guidelines, Design Standards & Procedures.
- Use water management software applications (eg. DRAINS (drainage), RAFTS / MIKEII / TUFLOW (flood), MUSIC (water quality))
- Considerable experience in all aspects of Civil Engineering and in particular road, drainage and traffic facilities
- Ability to manage minor design and construction projects from the inception to completion
- Experience in Public Sector
- Previous project management experience
- An understanding of computer based applications for engineering survey, design, modelling and analysis for civil engineering design and drainage management
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.