Civil Design Engineer - Roads
|Job Title:||Civil Design Engineer - Roads|
|Reference:||PC - 8 -1|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2019 06:15|
Public sector People are currently seeking a Civil Design Roads Engineer to join our Local Council Client. This will be a contract position with the view to go permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and a highly motivated person to prepare detailed surveys and designs for roads, drainage and traffic facilities to comply with current standards and to best practice of the industry.
- Degree qualifications in Engineering or equivalent
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Sound computer skills including extensive CAD skills (12D, AutoCAD Civil 3D & Civilcad)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare designs on time to comply with design standards and to industry best practice
- Knowledge of GIS mapping systems
- A good understanding of survey practice & a knowledge of GPS Survey equipment
- High level of verbal and communication skills
- Considerable experience in all aspects of Civil Engineering and in particular road and traffic facilities
- Ability to manage minor design and construction projects from the inception to completion
- Experience in Public Sector
- Previous project management experience
- An understanding of computer based applications for engineering survey, design, modelling and analysis for civil engineering design and drainage management
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.