Civil Design Engineer - Roads 12D
|Job Title:||Civil Design Engineer - Roads 12D|
|Reference:||Pc - 10 - 7|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 06:00|
Public sector People are currently seeking a Civil Design Roads Engineer to join our Local Council Client. This will be a contract position with the view to go permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and a highly motivated person to prepare detailed surveys and designs for roads, drainage and traffic facilities to comply with current standards and to best practice of the industry.
- Estimating the time required for undertaking design works
Preparing concept and detailed design plans for roads, retaining walls, car parks, driveways minor and major drainage systems, open channels, structural details, parks and playgrounds etc
- Undertaking the concept and detailed design using 12D, AutoTURN, DRAINS, HEC RAS AutoCAD programs and in accordance with Liverpool City Council’s Investigations and Design process
- Checking and preparing schedule of quantities and cost estimates
- Undertaking underground services investigations such as DBYD or potholing.
- Checking and assessing design and survey information received to ensure that it is technically accurate and sufficient for the specific project
- Checking plans and completing QA forms in accordance with Liverpool City Council Investigation and design process
- Liaising with Investigations and Design Coordinator, Senior
- Engineers and Project Manager with regard to design progress, design variations, etc. in accordance with Investigations and design process
- Using and sharing your computer aided drafting and design
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualifications
- Eligibility for Corporate Membership of the Engineers Australia
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of civil design and documentation for roads, kerb and gutter, retaining walls, carparks, Shared path, drainage, traffic facilities, roundabout and other civil engineering projects
- Demonstrated experience in the use of 12D and AutoCAD software for the preparation of civil design drawings
- Demonstrated experience in complying with a quality management system for civil engineering designs
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of cost estimates
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's