Civil Design Engineer - Local Government
|Job Title:||Civil Design Engineer - Local Government|
|Reference:||PC - 3 - 11|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 06:16|
This role is responsible for preparing engineering designs and completing other related pre-construction tasks required. Our client is seeking designers to assist this Design team meet an expanded Capital works program for the 2019/2020 period. Projects will be included across Roads, Driveways, Footpath and Drainage.
- Provide timely, accurate and detailed designs/survey specifications, works as executed and contract documentation for projects to current industry best practice,
- General advice to other Council officers, residents and other government agencies,
- Undertaking construction set out and surveying when required,
- Ensure adherence to sound processes for capture and retention of information relating to design and construction matters,
- Continuous process improvement initiatives incorporating the systematic review of policies, practices and procedures,
- Accurate and detailed designs and specifications,
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices, WHS requirements and Risk Management.
- Demonstrated commitment to a customer service culture and delivery of quality service.
- Commitment to learning and understanding of the Australian Business excellence philosophy.
- Conduct that demonstrates to others Council’s commitment to Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Safety.
- Specialist knowledge of relevant practices and issues, particularly in relation to
- Demonstrated commitment in leading and managing physical, financial and information resources to achieve cost effective services.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and consultative skills,
- Self-awareness and commitment to ongoing learning and development,
- Ability to work as an effective team member,
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Structural design or Surveying
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.