Civil Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Civil Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Chris Castellano|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2022 12:34|
This local council are seeking an experienced Civil Design Engineer to join their team. As part of this role you will be working on a whole range of small and medium sized projects and must have skills in designing drains using Civil Site Design, Civil Cad or Civil 3D. This will be a contract role for an initial 3 months, with the possibility of an extension.
Responsibilities and Experience for this role:
- Project manage external contractors, specialists and design consultants with the delivery of drainage design plans ensuring compliance.
- Undertake site inspections to ensure both Onsite Stormwater Detention (OSD) designs and drainage connections in relation to Legal Point of Discharge for development comply with Council specifications.
- Undertake conceptual, preliminary and detail designs, using CAD software, and construction cost estimates for drainage infrastructure projects as part of Council’s Drainage Renewal & Flood Modelling program.
- Provide clear, effective and timely advice and information to internal departments, to developers, consultants, contractors, service and government authorities, and to the community on drainage issues including the use of Onsite Stormwater Detention (OSD) systems, pumps, Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) elements, flood levels and Legal Point of Discharge (LPD).
- Provide technical support and advice to the Senior Design and Civil Design & Drainage Engineer, Coordinator Civil Design and Drainage, Coordinator Development, Design Engineers, Project Office and others, as requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- Skills designing roads and stormwater drains using Civil Site Design, Civil Cad or Civil 3D.
- Experience in drainage detention systems for developments
- Capable in reviewing detention plans for developments, assist in drainage enquiries.
- Ability to Project Manage a range of external consultants and review design plans.
- Ability to identify risks and any obstacles which could potential delay any projects.
- A solid understanding of local government policies, procedures, and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or discuss other Civil Engineering opportunities within Local Government, please contact:
T: (03) 8535 3111
Alternatively, you can apply online by following the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's