|Job Title:||Civil Designer|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||February 02, 2021 10:46|
Public Sector People are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer with experience using 12D software to join our local government client. This will be a contract role for up to 12 months. The successful will have design experience using 12D and AutoCAD and will work across a number of civil design projects.
- Undertake investigation, survey and design for the construction of various projects which include urban and rural road and bridge works, stormwater drainage, footpath and cycleways, recreational facilities, traffic facilities and minor building works.
- Produce Design Plans (utilising 12D software) suitable for the construction of road, drainage and associated projects by either Council Staff or Contract.
- Investigate and plan for projects identified for the Infrastructure & Assets Department.
- Assist with the provision of project management and/or supervision for various civil projects.
- Assist in the investigation of works for input into Council’s Asset Management Plans including capital and maintenance works programmes.
- Assist in the development of council procedures to ensure compliance with WH&S standards.
- Participate as a team member of the Infrastructure & Assets Department to focus on and achieve the objectives/strategies set out in Council’s Corporate Plans.
- Investigate engineering matters to ensure compliance with all legislation, relevant standards, policies and procedures.
- Gather detailed information and prepare analytical reports on traffic related activities.
- Provide schedules of quantities and assisting in construction estimates as directed.
- Liaise with relevant utility authorities, other government authorities, staff, contractors, sales representatives and the public in relation to various projects.
- Carry out civil engineering site inspections as required/directed.
- Provide timely and relevant reports as required.
- Assist in the review and assessment of designs prepared by external consultants.
- Keep informed of current standards, practices and procedures in design and construction.
- Carry out other duties that are within the scope of the position as required by Council.
- Demonstrated experience in 12D software using your in-depth knowledge of Australian civil design standards across a range of projects;
- Design knowledge in the use of drainage, roadway design principles and civil infrastructure
- Experience using various software programs such as AutoCAD and 12D;
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's