Chemist (Water Technologies)
|Job Title:||Chemist (Water Technologies)|
|Salary:||$28-43.28 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||2nd March 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2020 17:47|
• $28-43.28 per hour + super
• Initial 3 month contract
• Flexible hours offer work-life balance
• Start 2nd March
I am working in partnership with a Local Council located in Brisbane's southern suburbs. We are looking for experienced Chemist to support the Supervising Chemist and achieve the outcomes defined in the Water Technologies business plans. This will be done through maximising the operation of Water Laboratory services in accordance with Council’s requirements and policies. In particular,
emphasis is placed on reputation enhancement, service and technical quality.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure adherence to analytical testing procedures.
- Operation and maintenance of analytical equipment
- Maintain and improve laboratory quality practices in line with NATA
- Provide technical input to projects, plans, routine schedules etc
- Provide support to line managers in a technical capacity
- Collection of samples in the field
- Compliance with routine testing, calibration and maintenance schedules.
- Production of validated laboratory testing results
- Adherence to the laboratory quality system; Upkeep & maintenance of the laboratory LIMS.
1. Tertiary qualifications in Chemistry or equivalent. Possession of a sewage treatment plant operator's certificate, or an agreement to undertake training after appointment, is also required.
2. At least one to three years experience in chemical analysis laboratory preferably with water or wastewater.
3. Experience in the maintenance and use of laboratory instrumentation including segmented flow analysis, ICP, Ion
Chromatography and Gas Chromatography, or a willingness to learn.
4. An understanding of or ability to acquire the knowledge of NATA quality requirements.
5. Understanding and ability to demonstrate a team culture and environment
6. Demonstrates computer competencies including Microsoft products and Laboratory Information Management Systems.
7. Possession of a Current C Class Driver’s Licence
Contact us for a confidential chat about this or other opportunities in Local Government.
Public Sector People
(03) 8535 3111