Local Laws Officer - Animal Management
|Job Title:||Local Laws Officer - Animal Management|
|Salary:||$33.98 p/h + super|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kettlewell|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2020 09:46|
Reporting the Local Laws coordinator you will be required to provide information and guidance to the community in relation to relevant Acts, Regulations, Local Laws and Council Services. As the successful candidate you will be experienced in Animal Collection, responding to community concerns e.g Animal Registration / Barking / Any Concerns / Animals at large. Along with investigating complaints & possible breached as ell as preparing briefs for court.
Duties & Requirements
- Deliver animal management enforcement functions under the provisions of the Domestic (feral & nuisance) Animals Act and all relevant regulations
- Strong report writing skills you will be required to prepare briefs of evidence and other documentation and reports for court
- Patrol all municipal areas to identify breaches and take appropriate action
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts in a professional manner
- Strong knowledge of animal behaviour and health
- Proven Animal Management / Local Laws experience
- Completed relevant industry recognised qualifications
- Valid police check
This position has an immediate start, if you are interested or would like more information please contact Sarah Kettlewell or Emma Murphy on (03) 8535 3111 or APPLY TODAY!