|Job Title:||CAD/GIS Coordinator|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2019 05:46|
General Duties Include:
- Ensure that incoming asset data complies with CoM standards and data quality requirements prior to loading into Corporate systems (where specified)Assess the quality of incoming spatial and spatial asset data
- Update all spatial data standards and processes in line with changed business and technological developments.
- Ensure that asset data held spatially (in CAD/GIS) and aspatially (in Assets database) is reliable, synchronised and consistent
- Provide input into the development of procedures and processes relating to spatial data and provide technical support to change management processes within Engineering Services and other asset related businesses.
- Develop appropriate GIS solutions to support Council’s Asset Managers.
- Provide an onsite presence and act as the first point of reference for GIS and Asset Master integration within Engineering Services and other asset owning business units.
- Coordinate the provision of training and transfer of knowledge to Council staff in the use of CAD/GIS functionality for business improvement.
- Coordinate the quality assurance, capture and maintenance of spatial data and CAD layers.
- Investigate alternative data maintenance options to maximise automated quality assurance.
- Provide support and GIS related recommendations to Council’s internal and external customers.
- Provide cartographic mapping support to Engineering Services.
- Work with other Engineering Services teams and team members on related projects as directed
- Administer Engineering Services’ asset data on CoM’s intranet GIS viewer “Compass”
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the Engineering Asset data in the City of Melbourne’s Integrated Asset Management System (AssetMaster) and GIS, (ArcGIS).
- Assist in the development and management of asset related projects including the provision of mobility solutions, field testing and technical innovations for data collection, maintenance and management.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies, contractors, consultants and stakeholders on engineering data maintenance and management issues.
- Undertake specific work tasks as designated on an as needs basis
- Actively support and contribute to a continuous improvement culture
- Participate in forums for sharing improvement ideas and outcomes.
- Assess as-built information, field surveys and other data sources for suitability for incorporation into Council systems
- Prepare data, maps, plans, reports and other asset related products for use by internal and external users
- Maintain metadata to assist appropriate use and provide a level of confidence
- Maintain relationships between asset features to provide logical and operational context
- Assist in the provision of training and support programs to asset managers, data custodians, data maintainers and users of asset information
- Coordinate data maintenance activities with CoM service providers and the development and maintenance of processes and procedures relating to asset management
- Coordinate the development and implementation of an interoperable CAD /GIS capability
- Apply metadata so that data is maintained and used for its intended purpose
- Determine the appropriate method, format, frequency and content of data transfers and updates for internal and external use
- A tertiary qualification in IT, Asset Management, Geomatics, Information Technology or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong experience in spatial data management.
- Good working knowledge and practical use of CAD and GIS software, including the development of CAD and GIS procedures.
- An understanding of using CAD/GIS technology to deliver business benefits to end users.
- Ability to solve complex spatial problems using analytical techniques.
- Experience in asset planning within a large service delivery organisation.
- Experience in managing Asset Management Databases – knowledge of AssetMaster would be well regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to operate GIS Applications - ArcGIS skills would be well regarded
- Good writing skills and ability to prepare written reports and submissions. Well-developed communication skills.
- Ability to focus on detail and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to introduce and manage technological change.
- Familiarity with database systems and concepts.
- Familiarity with Mobile Solutions for Asset Information capture and data maintenance.
- Experience in the management of Engineering infrastructure or similar assets
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's