|Job Title:||Building Inspector|
|Contact Name:||Matt Larner|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2020 12:33|
The City of Monash is positioned in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne with its Civic Centre located in Glen Waverley, close to public transport as well as an array of cafes and restaurants. A culturally diverse community, home to more than 200,000 residents it is also known as the ‘garden city’ due to its abundance of parks and reserves.
About the positions:
Currently seeking two Building Inspectors, a full-time and part-time opportunity, to join their supportive and progressive Building Unit team.
With a strong focus on building assessments, compliance and the delivery of technical expertise, the role of Building Inspector will assist the team in driving legislative excellence.
The Building Inspector will liaise across broad networks, deliver trusted advice to customers as well as communicate and negotiate effectively to reach positive outcomes.
Main responsibilities include:
- Inspect buildings and structures, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
- Inspect land allotments where proposals have been received for building works
- Investigate complaints and legislative breaches
- Implement Councils’ Essential Safety Measures and Swimming Pool Safety Program
The successful candidate will have:
- Registration as a Building Inspector as issued by the VBA
- Understanding and demonstrated practice of the Building Act, Building Regulations, Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards
- Commitment to compliance and safety as well as the ability to work collaboratively to deliver results
What we offer:
As a City of Monash employee, you will have access to a commuter use vehicle, vibrant health & well-being program, flexible working arrangements, training opportunities, discounted gym membership as well as your achievements being recognised through a comprehensive reward and recognition program.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close on Tuesday, 29th September 2020 at 11:59pm.
For additional information, please contact Matt Larner at Public Sector People on (03) 8535 3100.