Building and Development Compliance Officer
|Job Title:||Building and Development Compliance Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 10 - 21|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 15:01|
This position will sit within the Regulatory Services Prosecution and Case Management Team and will be allocated the more complex building and development compliance matters to investigate. A high level ability to investigate, prepare briefs of evidence and understanding of building and development compliance issues at a local government level is required.
- Apply specialised knowledge relating to the technical aspects of building and development compliance investigations utilising relevant legislation/industry standards including council’s planning scheme, policies, procedures and directives.
- Carry out moderately complex enforcement functions relating to building and development compliance investigations and expeditiously resolve customer requests to the required standard.
- Provide specific advice and lead investigations to resolution surrounding swimming pool fencing and safety regulation, sediment and erosion control and non-complex building or development complaints.
- Issue statutory approvals in accordance with the relevant legislation, council’s planning scheme, policies, procedures and directives.
- Provide high quality reports and briefs of evidence to management and represent the council before the court and tribunals as required.
- Provide input into the development of departmental procedures and processes to support continual improvement and efficiency.
- Relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and enforcing relevant legislation and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule workloads on a daily basis whilst managing competing priorities with the flexibility to undertake other duties as directed.
- Tertiary qualification in statutory planning, building certification, investigation or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's