|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Reference:||PC - 5 - 14|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 06:45|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our Local Council client in Logan. This candidate will need to commit to 6 weeks of providing support to a team of senior financial analysts and can reconcile and analyse and run reports.
- Prepare, analyse, interpret and disseminate financial performance and management reports and distribute to Council, executive management, and other stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and maintain improvement of systems and procedures both within a strategic and operational context and identify business improvement opportunities.
- Assist with short and long term financial planning and forecasting associated with council business planning processes.
- Prepare and coordinate financial information required for acquittal of grants and subsidies on behalf of Council and submit for audit when required.
- Undertake investigation and analysis of errors and variances to budget, verify data integrity and identify appropriate solutions
- Review, investigate and reconcile council's corporate reserves for publication on the intranet.
- Ensure accurate and timely information regarding approved capital programs is available to key stakeholders
- Review, prepare and provide training to internal clients in the use of reports and financial systems to improve their overall financial experience.
- Coordinate and consolidate the annual fees and charges including provision of training and preparation of reports to Council and executive management.
- Carry out Financial Analyst duties as directed by the Corporate Accounting Coordinator to ensure continuity of service to Council
- Significant experience in a similar role delivering financial analyst advice and services in a medium to large organisation. Degree qualification in Business or Accountancy field and Local Government experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience presenting technical costing and accounting concepts (both verbally and written) based on sound research and practical theory that assist the business in making appropriate financial decisions.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.