Asset Engineer - Roads and Structural Assets
|Job Title:||Asset Engineer - Roads and Structural Assets|
|Reference:||Pc - 1 - 31|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2020 17:46|
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to join a council on a 6 month contract as an Asset Engineer within the Roads and Structural Assets team. this role will involve assisting the Principal engineer in all day to day tasks.
- To review engineering design, drawing, report in relation to roads, footpaths and structural assets by comparing against relevant Australian Standards, RMS Specifications, Austroads guide, etc. and preparing comments and recommendations.
- Undertake site inspections throughout City’s LGA for a range of civil infrastructure assets including roads, footpaths, kerb and gutter and structures including bridges, cliffs/retaining walls, stairs/steps/ramps and passageways.
- Assist the team in reviewing various engineering design, drawing, report in relation to the above roads, footpaths and structural assets by comparing against relevant Australian Standards, RMS Specifications.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in the development of future works programs and implementation of the City’s asset management strategies to ensure that the City’s civil assets perform to optimum service.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that civil infrastructure constructed by developers and others meet the City’s standards.
- Undertake technical, risk management and condition investigations of civil assets to ensure conformance with appropriate asset management plans, policies and procedures.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that the City’s Corporate Asset Management System (CAMS), asset inventories, associated data, reports and recommendations are based on sound engineering practices and procedures.
- Prepare feasibility assessments, concept designs, budgeting and prioritization for assets within the teams responsibility.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience in road pavement analysis and design, visual assessment of civil assets, recognition of defects and their rectification requirements.
- Experience in inspection, prioritization and developing maintenance and renewal programs for bridges, retaining walls, maritime assets and footway assets.
- Experience in asset management techniques including, Asset Management Systems ,condition assessment and development of short and long term Asset Management Plans.
- Class C drivers licence.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.