|Job Title:||Arboriculture Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2019 14:46|
The Arboriculture Specialist contributes to the strategic development, planning and delivery of outcomes as described in Council’s Urban Forest Strategy.
Core functions include effectively identifying tree planting opportunities. You will also be responsible for inspecting and the assessment of trees before providing decisions regarding health, structure, and risk management. You will assist in the development of tree planting program for upcoming planting season.
This is a fast-paced and busy council, so you will be able to manage high workloads and prioritise to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Advanced Diploma / Associate Degree in Arboriculture or equivalent qualification (Australian Qualifying Framework Level 6), with demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role.
- Computer literacy/proficiency in Microsoft Office and in accessing and utilising databases. Previous experience in use of Council’s core operating systems (e.g. TreePlotter, Customer Response System (CRS), HPE RM, GIS, JDE, MoreMaps, Pathway) also desirable.
- A current Victorian Driving Licence.
- Secure work right through until the end of 2019, with the possibility of extension.
- Gain valuable inner-metro Local Government experience.
- Join a team known for their delivery of quality tree management and replacement programmes.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below