|Job Title:||Approvals officer|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2020 04:45|
• Negotiable rate depending on experience
• Start ASAP!
• Flexible hours offer work-life balance
I am working in partnership with a Local Council located South of Brisbane. We are looking for experienced Approvals Officer for a contract role.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Develop trust based relationships with your stakeholders and represent Council to in a professional manner at meetings or industry events
- Provide specialist input, advice and recommendations on infrastructure delivery to ensure the consideration of environmental and sustainability factors in the delivery of optimal roads and drainage infrastructure.
- Expert level of understanding of land, easement and acquisitions management.
- Ensure that all projects have the correct approvals in place prior to project commencement and ensure compliance during delivery;
- Arrange compliance reviews and audits of projects to ensure that the delivery team meet Council requirements
- Appropriate degree qualification, with relevant experience in environmental approvals and statutory land use planning in the context of Local Government or broader Public Sector
- Proven experience and knowledge in broad spectrum transport project approvals needs such as EPBC, works in waterways, land acquisition, native title, aboriginal cultural heritage and land access
- Strong communication skills with understanding of stakeholder management
- Understanding of Local Government policies and procedures
Contact me for a confidential chat about this or other opportunities in Local Government.
Public Sector People
(03) 8535 3111