Administration Officer - Rating and Property
|Job Title:||Administration Officer - Rating and Property|
|Reference:||PC - 9 - 12|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019 11:16|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced administration officer to join our regional council client for a 6 month contract. The successful candidate will provide administration support and assistance to the rating services team to assist in achieving departmental objectives.
- Act as a point of contact for rating services matters by providing sound advice, innovation and problem solving for management.
- Assist members of the rating services team in the generation of complex reports and reconciliations in relation to the rating and property function.
- Accurate and timely processing of rate and property search documents.
- Dealing with routine telephone enquiries and processing correspondence relating to rating and property matters.
- The creation of properties through the division process;
- Correct levying of applicable general rates;
- Updating properties with the correct service charges including waste, urban and rural fire levies;
- Managing property valuation records supplied by the State Government;
- Assessing and updating properties with applicable remissions and concessions;
- Change of ownership records supplied by the State Government;
- Change of name and address record requests; and
- Liaising with internal and external customers in relation to the rating and property function.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment contributing to a positive work environment and a strong focus on providing quality customer service, including effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs with the ability to develop proficiency with councils software programs.
- Excellent time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experience within an administration environment that is relevant to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's