Accounting Officer - Start ASAP
|Job Title:||Accounting Officer - Start ASAP|
|Salary:||$32.23 per hour plus superannuaiton|
|Contact Name:||Bryony Reid|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 11:48|
Public Sector People (PSP) are currently looking to speak to Accounting Officers to join a Local Government immediately for a 3 month temporary assignment.
- Work in Melbourne's outer south east
- Have a varied and fast pace workload
- Profession Development
About the role:
- Band 5 Rate
- Local Government experience required
- Asset Accounting experience desirable
- Technology/Finance One
- Identify on an ongoing basis opportunities for cost savings across the organisation to minimise costs to ratepayers
- Provide support to the Operations Accountant in line with Council Assets and other duties as requested
- Work with the accounts payable function, helping with any issues as required, reporting back to the team leader where necessary
- Backup and Assist in the Accounts Payable day-to-day duties for 2-3 days per week
General Duties Include:
- Previous experience in budgeting and relevant financial and accounting procedures is essential
- Sound working knowledge of mainframe financial and related systems. Knowledge of Technology /Finance 1 would be an advantage.
- Strong presentation skills – the incumbent may be required to present financial information to Councillors, Audit Committee, Management and Staff
- High level communication, reporting, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to lead and work cooperatively with all staff across the organisation
Get in touch for more information!
As an approved public sector recruitment partner we are ideally placed to assist you in your search for your next opportunity. For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or other positions within Local Government or the wider Public Sector, please contact Bryony Reid on (03) 8535 3111.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's